Re: Zend Studio, phpMyAdmin, and mysql.sock

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 13:02, Kevin Waterson wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, "Richard Lynch" <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Zend has provided a great deal to the PHP community -- Zend basically
> > pays Ze'ev and Andi (and more) to work about half their time on
> > improving PHP Open Source code.
>
> As an ex-Zend employee I find that they are maybe the only ones with this
> arrangement. It is in the best interest of Zend to have the PHP language
> pushed further and (dare I name the beast?) Web 2.0 to be able to push
> thier line of products. What good is a PHP IDE without the PHP language?
>
> I am not putting forward some anti <insert commercial application here> scenario,
> but where do folks draw the line?

I don't think you can draw a line. There's black and white and a lot of
gray in between and that gray zone depends on the person, how they feel
on a particular day, etc etc etc. If we want to get dirty with the guts
of this argument many people on this list are asking PHP questions that
will advance their own commercial applications or services. While I
think a Zend specific question isn't quite a PHP question, I do feel
that some of them fall into the gray zone.

Cheers,
Rob.