Re: Zend Studio, phpMyAdmin, and mysql.sock

David Tulloh,
This sounds like a Zend Studio problem and question.
It could possibly be a MySQL or even a phpMyAdmin question.
It doesn't really have anything to do with PHP.
I realize that Zend Studio is separate from PHP, but I would hardly go so far as to say it has "nothing to do with PHP". Zend is the company that *makes* PHP. Zend is a development environment for creating PHP.

So I don't think it's at all unreasonable to think that maybe there are people here who use it (or even develop it) on this list.

And I do realize that Zend has its own forum, and I have posted there. But the question has gone for days without response, so I'm broadening my search.

What else should one do when one gets no response in a more specific forum?
You paid Zend for the product, ask them how it works.
Well, what I have is the trial version, which they say they support, but they have not responded to my email sent to them. So I don't know if I'm far down the priority list for not having paid yet or if they just usually take days to answer or what.

In any case, this list is called PHP "general". Am I really so unreasonable in thinking that asking about how to set up a PHP development environment so that I can debug my PHP scripts without it conflicting with the PHP database administration system is on-topic?

--
Dave M G