Zend Studio, phpMyAdmin, and mysql.sock

PHP List,

I am trying out Zend Studio for editing and debugging my PHP scripts.

When I first ran it, it kept giving me this error:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket /tmp/mysql.sock

After some research on the web, I found that this could be solved by editing /etc/mysql/my.conf so that it said:
socket = /tmp/mysql.sock

I was not thrilled about the idea of changing my MySQL server to meet the needs of one application, but I wanted to see if it would work, and it does.

But, now phpMyAdmin doesn't work, saying:
The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

So what I really want to do is put my /etc/mysql/my.conf file back to the way it was, and make Zend listen on mysql's default socket, not on /tmp/mysql.sock.

But, after much searching on the web, and in the Zend forums, I can't find any information on configuring Zend in this matter.

What do I need to do to make Zend listen on the MySQL socket that I want it to listen on?

(Which, by the way, is /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock)

Thank you for any advice.

--
Dave M G