Re: Zend Studio, phpMyAdmin, and mysql.sock

PHP List,

My apologies to any and all that I may have offended for bringing up Zend specific issues here.

I understand that PHP is developed by a huge community of developers whose efforts I appreciate very much. By stating that Zend is the company where PHP originates, I was not trying to state that they have any obligation to handle Zend Studio issues here on this list, or that this list is obligated to deal with Zend issue, or that their development contributions should eclipse the greater community.

I was only surprised by the initial response which seemed to me to be a very hard line stance against any Zend related questions.

Please understand that I was *hoping* for advice here, as Zend and PHP are surely highly correlated. But I apologize if I came across as if I *expected* answers.

The original issue that caused me to post here has now definitely turned into a PHP issue, which I will encapsulate in a different posting from this apology. So, if issues of Zend can be put aside, I'd like to seek advice on how to get my local PHP 5 installation working again.

Thanks to all members of this list for continuing to make PHP a great scripting language, and for making this list a great source of support.

--
Dave M G