Re: Zend Studio, phpMyAdmin, and mysql.sock

On Sat, July 15, 2006 2:05 am, Kevin Waterson wrote:
> Being that these products are commercial in nature, should not they
> be supporting thier own products, rather than relying on the good
> will of the open source/PHP folks for tech support? If we should
> support
> Zend products, why not other commercial applications also?
> Is Zend hoping for volunteer contributions for commercial enterprises?
> Should we support Zend business partners also?

Zend has provided a great deal to the PHP community -- Zend basically
pays Ze'ev and Andi (and more) to work about half their time on
improving PHP Open Source code.

Zend has NEVER expected the PHP General list to provide free support
for their products.

It is inevitable that some people will turn here if Zend Support lags
for whatever reason, for any definition you choose for "lag" -- but
you can hardly blame Zend for that.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm