Re: golden age layoffs

On Jun 13, 2013, at 6:10 PM, Randy Little wrote:

Digital is very close and in some places very better in other its just not.      Noblex ONE SHOT. no fix it in post and its not in jpg format like my NEX 7 (which I LOVE) and its way higher res when put in a linotype hell scanner then the same framing of a d800

I have an acquaintance who was asked to shoot the Canadian Embassy in DC. He shot it with a 5D and CS5. He mentioned it took a long time as there were hundreds or thousands of exposures to stitch. I recall it took him about ten days.

I shot the embassy for somebody else and it took me (including travel time from) three hours. I dropped the rolls of 120 film at Dodge on the way home and picked it up a couple of days later. Then I dropped it on my Creo, ran it through Polaroid D&S,  made a fine scan at 1270dpi, and sent the file to my client only six days sooner than the 5D digital shot took. Even better, my bill was lower.

My favorite digital story is from Mark Tucker who shoot for one of the soft drink companies. He sold all hi Hassies, bought a couple of 5D’s. learned how to use them and went off to LA to shoot an ad or two for a week. I think he said he spent 6-8 hours a day in post processing, entirely at night when he should have been sleeping.

I agree. Film is terrible.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------