RE: cokin slide-in adapter for traditional lenses?

Yes, I agree. In a followup posting, I mentioned that I could use a
sacrificial Chinese ND8 solid cokin filter for this, as I thought about
the flare. Even darker would be better, but I don't know if there are
knock-off ND400s. Probably there are. And, all of my lens' filter
diameters are 49mm, so using the cokin P system @ 84mm should be OK. And
if I could slide this panel into the first slot, I think I could still use
a 49mm round filter. Probably not with super wide, but I usually only use
about a 28mm lens, and that's with an APC sensor. If I go to a full-frame,
28mm may be too wide for this arrangement. When I can afford a full frame,
I'll let you know. :)

Andrew