RE: cokin slide-in adapter for traditional lenses?

I agree with James - get a sacrificial filter and remove the glass,
retaining only the metal ring.  Then, get a sacrificial Cokin filter and cut
a hole in the center.  Glue the metal ring in place.  After the glue cures,
you can then screw any conventional filter you want into this 'utility
mount'.

Two concerns.  First, flare.  The ideal sacrificial Cokin filter is one that
is nearly opaque so that light cannot enter through the Coking filter and
then bounce around between the ad hoc filter and the lens.  If nothing else,
perhaps apply a little black paint to opaque the area surrounding the
mounting ring.

Second, if I were doing this, I think I would select a glass filters (both
the sacrificial filter from which I cannibalize the metal ring and the
filters that I would use with this setup) that are at least one standard
size larger than the front diameter of the lens on the camera.  I would
worry about this setup causing vignetting, and oversizing the filter would
tend to avoid that problem.