Re: cokin slide-in adapter for traditional lenses?

Andrew

What you are describing is a traditional lens board with a threaded hole in the center.
The easiest way is to use a sacrificial Cokin filter with a carefully centered hole and a filter ring cemented into place.

Of course, any suitable piece of material would do if the thickness was correct and the size the same.