cokin slide-in adapter for traditional lenses?

Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone has ever invented a slide-in adapter for the cokin
series that had threads for traditional filters?

I know that that problem is exactly what the filter system is trying to
solve, not needing separate sizes of filter for multiple lenses, but the
fact is, sometimes (usually?) traditional filters are of much better
quality than the cokin filters. Specifically, I'm thinking about the cokin
polarizers, which are unimpressive. I already have some very good screw-in
polarizers, but I'd like to use the cokin system for my ND grads, and a
screw-in polarizer on the lens with the cokin system in front of it is
clumsy at best, unusable at worst.

It seems that a simple slide in card with an appropriately-sized hole with
threads would be very useful. So, does it exist? If not, perhaps I can
convince folks with a kickstarter project.

Andrew