Re: cokin slide-in adapter for traditional lenses?

Yes, precisely. Another of my followups to this thread says basically the
same thing. I'm curious why there isn't something like this already being
made, with all the millions of Chinese knockoffs for all sorts of obtuse
stuff, but nothing like this. Perhaps it really is rather specialized.
Although, it might also make round screw-in ND grads useful, since a
standard screw-in ND grad forces you to have the horizon dead center. If
you could use the sliding bord that I am proposing, you could move the
grad line on these sorts of filters, and make them much more useful. Of
course, the filter would have to be much larger than the lens to make them
useful in this fashion.

Andrew