Re: cokin slide-in adapter for traditional lenses?

"I'm curious why there isn't something like this already being
made, with all the millions of Chinese knockoffs for all sorts of obtuse
stuff, but nothing like this. "

we photographers have always been known to cobble things together with duct tape and string whenever we needed anything special - it's something I like about potographers - their willingness to find ways to overcome problems :)

The consumers on the other hand like neat little things in boxes with brand names that match..

my understanding is filter systems became popular when starlight filters and multifaceted abominations hit the market and so the square filter market lept from cine to still cameras and we got the benefit of this consumer interest in the form of relatively cheap filter box systems.. now filters are relegated to being obsolete (!) we will probably find we have to go it alone again.

I still marvel that you can pick up a Metz CT60 system on ebay for about $20.. golden age of photography my left elbow

/grumble.