Re: cokin slide-in adapter for traditional lenses?

I have Ambicoi, Lee, Hoyarex and Cokin fiter holders, I hear there is also a crew called Lucroit ..

http://lucroit.com/SHOP/product.php?id_product=11&id_lang=1

My first thought - cut a sheet of aluminium to fit whichever filter system I wanted, and decide which will be the minimum round filter size I will use. Let's say 55mm.

Next I'd grab a 55mm skylight filter and remove the glass. Pop the filter over my appropriately cut sheet of aluminium and mark the dimentions, grab a hole saw and drill out the hole, speray the aluminium sheet black and epoxy the now-empty skylight filter into place.

job done

If I have different sized filters to go on, I'd reach for the stepping rings.

that work?