Re: cokin slide-in adapter for traditional lenses?

Hmm. I want to make sure we're saying the same thing here. The Cokin adapter is the little metal ring which you screw into the front of the lens which allows the Cokin filter holder to slide down over the lens.

I gather you want to be able to attach your polarizers to the filter holder without having to screw them into the front of your lenses.

Is that correct?

Basically if you create a square metal carrier for your polarizer which is the same external size as the filter holder and permanently install your polarizer into that holder, then you've solved your problem. As with an OTC polarizer, you simply turn the holder to rotate the filter in the metal carrier.

If that's your goal I suggest, unless you have fancy metalworking skills, that you go find a tin/copper smith (a high end carpenter/roofer might be just the thing) to create the carrier for your polarizer.

Still, it seems like less trouble, altho possibly more money, to just purchase the highest quality polarizer for your Cokin holder that you can afford.