Re: cokin slide-in adapter for traditional lenses?

Thanks for the suggestion, Roy. I think I be asking for significant
vignetting by doing this, though.

It looks like Lee has sort-of the same idea with a ring for 110mm
filters*. It is round, though, and must be screwed in (!) to the lee
adapter. Of course, being Lee, the small thin ring of metal is $52.

It looks like I will have to try to fabricate one myself, perhaps out of a
cokin "lens cap", as a prototype.

Andrew

*
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/218398-REG/LEE_Filters_FP105_Accessory_Front_Thread_Adapter.html