Re: Dust on Digital Sensors

plastic sucks.   it doesn't' maintain a constant temp as well as Steel and aluminum as long you don't' go about handling the tanks accept to agitate.  Plastic will have a much higher temp loss over 10 min and cause reticulation issues.
My Jobo uses plastic but its in a constant temp bath so that doesn't' matter at that point.
Randy S. Little

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:32 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2012-09-25 13:58, Jan Faul wrote:

Yeah, my lab does my b/w film. as in MY lab, in the barn.
  Stainless steel and reels, not Jobo.

I got thoroughly conditioned on stainless steel before plastic reels got good, and I'm still much more comfortable with it.

We’ve tried everything and oil mounting is messy, involves inhaling
toxic fumes, and can be done without.

The Scan Science stuff isn't oil-based and isn't particularly messy, I'm told.  Volatile, evaporates instead of having to be cleaned off.  They claim it's *less* toxic than some competitors.  Ah, there's an MSDS online at <http://www.parrotcolor.com/data_pdfs/Lumina_MSDS.pdf>. Sounds somewhat more benign than many things which are hydrocarbon-based.

The easiest way to spot is to send
them to India, but it ends up being pricey in spite of their low
rates. The low rate is for a 25MB file.

Makes sense that somewhere with low wages would be good, and only data has to be transmitted, so it's not slow either.