Re: Dust on Digital Sensors

I thought so too. However, my Lumix LX 3 convinced me otherwise: there is a clearly visible spot on every picture I take and it happens to be exactly in the "golden cut".
Needless to say that getting the spot removed would exceed the value of the camera.

This quite annoyed me, but now that I know I may have captured "fairy dust"...

My personal guess is that the (retractable) zoom mechanism of the lens is not 100% airtight.
Actually, I saw a recommendation to get the dust out of the body using a vacuum cleaner but this didn't work for my camera.
I now own a Canon G1x as second camera....
So, while the likelihood of dust entering a camera without replaceable lenses may be smaller, once there it's much more difficult to remove then in an SLR.

Laurenz