Re: Dust on Digital Sensors

Most photographers I know sear at wet-mounting not by it. I know ten guys I could call up and offer to buy their Creo wet-mounting stations for $10 and they would be happy to sell them. Wet-mounting is a necessity on a drum, but not a flat bed. And if you’re trying to scan 30 negs, say hello to  a lot of extra work on the front end.

Jan

On Sep 25, 2012, at 6:23 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

On 2012-09-25 13:35, Randy Little wrote:
You let a lab process your black and white film Jan?  You can then
always wet mount pretty much any scanner.  Via either glass mounts or if
you are using a flatbed via directly mounting on the glass surface with
any wetmount product.  You just have to be careful to not let the stuff
leak to the edges.   This will handle a lot of dust issues.

http://www.wetmounting.com/Pages/lumina.html

I've been avoiding wetmount.  I've seen Ctein's demonstrations of how big a difference it makes in qualities other than dust, so I really should dive in at some point.

Ah, Scan Science, the name I know, ends up at the same place as your wetmounting link.  So apparently I do know where to get the stuff still if I'm feeling lucky.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info