Re: Dust on Digital Sensors

I scan my negs on a Creo and thus also employ a couple of wizards to spot the scans. One spotter hired recently claims to have a new technique for spotting and there is only one draback: she spots at 200% and thus her scans sometimes take her a week. Too bad, as I pay by the scan not the hour and her apparent confusion about how to spot is perplexing. She also like to have a number of scans open at one time because she gets bored spotting the same image and she can switch off, and she also applies grids to the scans as an apparent attempt to always know where she is. Unfortunately, none of these shenanigans are working and unless some radical shift happens, she is getting bounced.

MOst of my RIT trained spotters can do a scan in 45 minutes, so using a self-taguht spotter who takes a week is foolish.

Jan

On Sep 25, 2012, at 4:54 AM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

On 2012-09-24 23:07, Laurenz Bobke wrote:
I thought so too. However, my Lumix LX 3 convinced me otherwise: there
is a clearly visible spot on every picture I take and it happens to be
exactly in the "golden cut".
Needless to say that getting the spot removed would exceed the value of
the camera.

One little spot, and it's a big deal?  I've spent up towards an hour spotting stuff out of scans of old negatives, in the bad cases.  One spot is like 1/10 sec.  And if it's stable, then for a bunch of photos, Bibble Pro (or Corel Aftershot Pro), or Lightroom, can handle it in an entire batch nearly that fast.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info