Re: Back up plan Light room and photos

At 4:31 AM -0500 12/28/11, b b wrote:
The external drives are 3x the size of the internal.  I understood to
add a new drive when Time Machine has filled up its existing external
is so the photos do not get overwritten.

The pix won't be overwritten unless you change them anyway. If you regularly change them, edit them, do reworkings with them, whatever, you need to be saving them with new unique filenames.

My understanding is that Time Machine can't write its backups to consecutive drives. And, of course, one cannot recover individual items from Time Machine without using the Time Machine app. Have you talked with an Apple tech about using more than one drive with Time Machine?

As you use DVD backups - some work will be backed up on DVD as well.

I keep my originals as well as my "keepers". The originals only get written to DVD, however, since I rarely re-extract a file once I've processed it and saved it as a keeper.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx