Re: Back up plan Light room and photos

Other than it being a large job, moving massive numbers of files is not a difficult thing to do.

My experience has taught me this:

Move them in smallish quantities rather than in one huge drag and drop. Don't be afraid to move one folder in multiple drag and drop operations.

Keep track of where you are in case you get called away during the transfer process and have trouble remembering what's been moved and what's not

Use the feature in Finder to make certain the numbers of images moved to the new drive matches the number in the original. This info is at the bottom of the finder window when you click on any folder.

Once moved, open several files to be certain they operate as expected before deleting the originals. You might consider waiting a few days before deleting originals just to be sure the new drive works as expected.

Be sure you've turned on read/write permissions for yourself on the new drive so you can save any file manipulations down the road. You can find read/write access in file info by clicking ctrl i.

Don't have your glass of wine until the transfer is complete even though you'll be tempted to do it sooner. You want a clear head for this.

Lea

every minute of your time is of value to those who love you