Re: PF gallery 04-10-10 disturbance

Acceptability is a subjective matter of taste which, in and of itself, will never have a conclusion. However, I am more interested in the intellectual inconsistency of people who express dismay that others might feel compelled to censor "disturbing" images, all while attempting to cross barriers just to make such a point. Ultimately, any art should convey some level of message or aesthetic, it's just unfortunate when that message is redundant...but, that's my opinion.

Personally, the image doesn't compel me to comment. But since I've joined this discussion, I must say that it's a little contrasty (HP5+?), and the composition doesn't sit well with me. I feel I need to see the head, or else it seems to be the use of a naked body for the sake of using a naked body. I this was this taken in a class with a model. It's difficult to make images taken in the context of a class not seem contrived. As for any feeling it produces, I get a sense of the ordinary having an overwhelming, if not to the point of being sad or pathetic, urge to hide itself, but cannot fully disguise its own reality.