Comments

Rob Miracle
Yosemite Valley:  Beautiful!  My favorite part of this image is the sky's reflection in the water.  The photograph gives the viewer the feeling of being there.

Trevor Cunningham
flowers taller than i - sample 11:  I really like this in black and white.  The flowers look so fragile because of the light passing through the petals.  It works being centered, maybe because the flowers themselves are balanced on the stem.  Very nice.  (Are these hollyhocks?)

Don Roberts
Mardi Gras Prep:  I always enjoy seeing things in photographs that I otherwise wouldn't get to see.   Is the lady painting?

Yoram Gelman
Stone Steps at Fort Tryon:  I like the use of black and white for this image.  When I first viewed it I thought "cold," because the shadows tell me the tree branches are bare, and the cement just looks cold.  I was surprised when you said this was taken on an unusually warm day.  I think there is another photograph in this image that I really like.  If I crop this on my screen about 1/3 of the way from the top, and just see the steps and walk, I think it makes a much stronger photograph (just my opinion - I know).

John Palcewski
Leaf on Steel:  I always have to stop and examine a weed or plant that makes its way through concrete, steel or pavement.  It makes such a statement about not giving up, doesn't it?  This photograph is well done.  I like the composition and cropping.

Dan Mitchell
Bill & Ben:  I love the humor.  Again - as with the photograph before this one - I like the composition and framing.  Maybe it could use just a bit more contrast.  "Bill" gets a little lost because what he is sitting on is so close to his color.

Jim Snarski

Outta Here:  Very nice.  I like the splash of water behind the bird and his (her?) shadow on the water.  I also like the humor in the title.

Guy Glorieux
Berlin: Two shadows in the night:  I bet if these two turned around they would be Bogie and Bacall{:->  This is eerie, partly because it is eerily like the two late actors, and partly because it is mysterious and dark.  It does look like a scene from a movie.

Alberto Tirado
San Fernando:  This is interesting because of the double image and the double towers. It looks like there is a person at the very bottom of the image on the left, then in the image on the right, the person is gone.  This is the only way I could tell these are two separate photographs and for some reason that "person" (if it is a person) makes the photograph(s) very intriguing.

Thank you to all who contributed to this show.  The images are varied and interesting.  Thank you to Andy and staff for hanging the show.

Marilyn