Re: Comments

Thanks Marilyn for your comments.

This picture was captured while I was in Berlin on the occasion of my daughter getting married.  This was in the evening and we were heading to a small restaurant on Sophienstrasse, a relatively narrow street with sparse lighting.  They were walking ahead of me and, just like you, the scene brought me back to Bogart and Bacall and Casablanca.

I clicked several pictures with my Lumix3, handheld while walking behind them at a brisk pace.  On this final image, I had to adjust the contrast a bit  and there is a fair amount of noise in the shadows but I don't find it really offensive, to the contrary.  There is also something really interesting in the light ahead of them.

Please disregard the descriptive text.  It crept in from another posting and does not relate to this image.

Thanks again for your comments and to Andy and those that submitted.  It felt like the good old days!

Guy