Re: Updated comp. sys. (Don)

Eject the drive on the Mac means to select the Eject command or hit Cmd-E. The icon for the external drive will then disappear from your desktop and you can then unplug the USB cable or card reader.

Remember, the card is a drive, similar to a thumb drive or an external drive.

If you do not issue the command, and simply unplug the cable, you will get an error message.

Remember, also, that if you have put a file from the external drive into the trash those items are not actually removed from the card, or thumb drive, for that matter. Until you empty the trash, the item remains on the card since the thing in the trash is really only an alias to the actual file.

I assume PCs work similarly, but I don't do Microsoft.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx