RE: Dirty slides and Canon FS-2710

I'm almost there! In another life I was a computer field service guy for forty years so I have all kinds of "treasures" around. I have an older P-III 600 system that I formatted the hard drive on and loaded W2K. Then I tried to install the software needed to use the FS-2710. I was still unable to see the scanner on the system.

Soooo, I did a dogpile search on 'Canon FS-2710 + drivers'. Among the results was an item from photo.net about making it work on XP..... The item mentioned going to http://download.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspi_471A2.exe for ASPI.

I did that and now I can scan with my 2710 on the W2K system. The readme says it will work on XP. I haven't moved the scsi card to my XP system yet so I don't know if it works.

Oh yeah, I'm scanning with Vuescan by Hamrick Software.

Bob

--
                          /////
                         ( O O )