Re: Dirty slides and Leica R

I also use a Bowens Illumitran for slide and negative copying.
I use a 75 mm enlarger lens and bellows on a Leica Digital R. The Illumitrans on Ebay have a built in bellows, so all you need is an adapter for the camera, and an enlarger lens.

After shooting raw, I use curves in Bibble Pro (any raw processor will work) to change the negative image to a positive. (just use an inverted curve.)

I just digitized an old box of 5" x 6" negatives from the 1920's. These were too big for the Illumitran, so I used a 5" x 7" contact printer box, and just set up camera with a macro lens over the open box.

Here is an example:

http://www.harrisfoto2.com/cpg1414/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

This does go much faster than scanning.