Re: A more outrageous question

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
But it might be interesting to take a single image, widely respected among photographers, and try to come to terms with what makes it great to each of us.
I think this would be a valuable program. We won't all accept that an image is actually good, of course; and even apart from that some people find a special pleasure in tearing down stuff thought to be "great", and we may have some of those here. But still, I think it would be very valuable to discuss some photo with at least something of an established reputation. We probably won't all agree it's great; but let's try to talk about the ways in which it works well, and the problems it overcomes, and generally try to figure out why a lot of people seem to find it a good image.

Let's discuss Galen Rowell's "Cloudy Autumn Morning", which is on the Mountain Light web site at <http://www.mountainlight.com/AA-images/aa_1181_480.jpg>

(If this is fun and we want to continue, somebody else pick one next week.)

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@xxxxxxxx; http://dd-b.net/dd-b
Pics: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum, http://dd-b.net/photography/gallery