Re: Photography school -academics vs workers

A COUPLE OF POINTS

1. You only need a degree in photography if you intend to teach.
I have been a working photographer for 35 years and NOBODY  ever asked me for
academic credentials except for teaching posts.

2. Wildlife/landscape photography and fine-art photography are about as far
apart as two idioms could get in photography. Most wildlife photography is done
by very well equipped amateurs these days.

To be a professional photographer you need a good amount of skill but a greater
amount of salesmanship and some very good contacts

Taking photographs COSTS money... Selling photographs earns money.

The best way to learn photography is to set yourself specific projects and
assignments within a time-frame and go out and shoot, shoot, shoot.  Then
assess your result critically. I set my first-year students a goal of 200
images a week.

As they get better quality replaces quantity

Herschel Mair

--- rush rouge <pixelrouge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My main interests would be Fine Art / Wildlife !!

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology
Muscat