Re: long time lurkin' review

Recently a bookprinter told me that using RGB black in a book with B&W prints gives more life to the pictures than using "real" B&W conversion. It is like the old darkroom times when there were dozens of papers with different B&W tone.

How does all that work with inkjet printing - I don't know.

I have a friend, who is a very knowledgeable and very well equipped photographer/printer (home lab includes Epson Stylus Pro 9800, 60'' wide HP Designjet 5500PS and ICG 369 drum scanner, while he takes his pictures with 8x10" Toyo and prints huge format), but he is so keen coulour photographer, that he says it is a total waste not to use all possible coulours available in the nature.
I have asked him to do some huge format B&W printing for me, but he won't  :(

Peeter