Re: long time lurkin' review

But perhaps the picture - all these darks, fadings and colds - simply
reflects my present state of mind.

Peeter,
presently struggling hard for survival and existance

Never give in, Peeter.

That struggle is one day at a time. Some days, the morning light will break up the darkness. Other days, the darkness will engulf everything. I keep my camera at hand to pick up the moments of light when they come around and to put the viewfinder as a separation between me and the world when the darkness is trying to take a hold of my life.

Your picture is not a lightweight...! But you could'nt have been more visually expressive. Sky and water, ice and darkness. The horizon line cuts the image at the center. The day rises in a disturbing reddish tone and gets immediately engulfed by the darkness of the tree. It is frigid weather, despite the really hot tones of the sky. But... there is a ray of hope arising from the white light shinning on the ice.

Now try this. Flip the image horizontally: the day breaks out from the darkness of the tree. Desaturate into a B&W picture; do a Curve adjustment to establish proper contrast and brightness. Bingo! You have a very nice winter scene shining around.

Never, ever give in, Peeter!

Best,

Guy