Re: vista or maybe Linux

Howard wrote:

BUT does Linux have colour management??? That was my question, not Mac v. PC!!!!

I haven't researched this question in at least 6 months. As of then, the answer was "kind of no". Certainly not in a simple and directly usable form with full functionality, anyway. People are definitely working on it, though.

I'm generally a Linux fan, and have been running it since kernel 0.99pl13 (i.e. a LONG time ago) -- but nearly exclusively on servers, essentially never as a desktop. So I don't know the desktop side as well. But generally, features like raw conversion software, tethered camera control, even scanners and printers, aren't nearly as likely to be just sitting there on Linux ready to pluck, either. Gimp is coming along nicely, though, which is hopeful.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@xxxxxxxx; http://dd-b.net/dd-b
Pics: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum, http://dd-b.net/photography/gallery