Re: vista or maybe Linux

31 jan 2007 kl. 18.37 skrev Howard:

Linux continues to fascinate me. But I'm concerned about colour management. I don't want Vista because of its apparently built-in ability to switch you off if it doesn't like what you do, even if it is perfectly reasonable.

I've run Linux and thus looked at the Gimp. But I can't see how to control the printer as I can through either CS2 or Qimage. My latest investigation via a live CD was gnewsense based on Ubuntu. Any solution to this? At the moment I've got almost perfect print- outs from my R220 and an old 1290.

Certainly there´s a solution to this.  In three letters:  Mac.

(Not that Apple is without tendencies to restrict what you can do, but so far it is nothing like Vista. And almost all "new" features in Vista have been present in OS X for a long time - except for the viruses...).

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"