Re: vista

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 11:40 +0800, karl shah-jenner wrote:
> : That's great , if you don't want to connect the computer to the
> : Internet. I wonder how long Windows98 security updates will be
> : available. I would be surprised if you can still get them now.
>

> the computers all connect, can't see why they wouldn't
>
> And since the big problem with connecting to the web is the browser which
> brings in all the viruses/trojans/web bugs I have moved to Opera, still bug
> free after all these years :)
>
> Security updates (in fact all updates) for 98 stopped some time back.  good
> thing too, now I can run things without being pestered :)
>

> Actually if you want to see how simple an OS can be that connects to the
> web with no configuration and no bugs, have a look at menuetOS.  Imagine a
> whole 32/64 bit OS with a GUI, browser, graphics package, smpt mailer, word
> processor etc etc etc - that fits on a floppy!
> http://www.menuetos.org

Any C based software of any complexity has bugs , no questions asked :)
A lot of malware does come via the browser , but don't forget email
and windows file sharing. Anyway , feel I'm getting off topic :x

MenuetOS looks pretty neat.. so tiny!!

jd

transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control
again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to
bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it!
Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and
congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America!
You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell
you!