Re: vista

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 10:53 +0800, karl shah-jenner wrote:
> Bill writes:
>
> : I get around the pre-installed Windows issue that by assembling my own
> PC. When I have to buy an off-the-shelf unit, the first thing I do is wipe
> the hard drive, re-format it and install a clean install of W2K or XP.  All
> the software I have works well with W2K, and it is just as stable or more
> so than XP.
>

> yup, win 98SE and win2k are great for me too! :)
>
> I've never bought a new machine as they rarely include good 2D cards,
> understandable since so few people would actually want a dedicated photo
> editing machine ..and the gamerz are the driving force behind PC
> development.
>
> Building the many I have scattered around the house lets me tailor them
> with stripped OS's, win98SE can boot in under 5 seconds and runs lightning
> fast on new hardware!  There's also software that won't run under XP that I
> need, and hardware - I have a stunning A3 film scanner  that can't be
> driven on anything other than 98/NT.
>
> It's not that I'm reluctant to accept change, I moved from 3.1 to 95 to 98
> as quick as a flash - took me a number of years after 2k was introduced and
> the bugs ironed out before I moved a few more machines to that OS, but XP
> is to insideous - and vista .. (!!!)  not likely!
>
> I'm certainly not looking forward to repairing Vista equipped PC's in the
> future but then you never know - I have had three people this week who's
> computers are to be stripped of XP and rolled back to earlier OS's as the
> owners are entirely sick and tired of XP.

That's great , if you don't want to connect the computer to the
Internet. I wonder how long Windows98 security updates will be
available. I would be surprised if you can still get them now.

jd

transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control
again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to
bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it!
Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and
congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America!
You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell
you!