Re: Image cathedral at Les Baux

On 12/7/06, Guy Glorieux <guy.glorieux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx>

>> File size is a function of size x compression.

>> Up/download speed is a function of file size.

And now, for one more mystery...

I just sent out a JPG file by email.
-- Size of the unopened file on Windows Explorer = 4508 Ko

The file is sent through Outlook Express.  The email contains only the file,
the email adress of the addressee and a single word on the object line.  No
text, no nothing.
-- Size of the email file (with the 4508K picture attach) = 6169 Ko

Oooopsss!  There is 1661 Ko unexplained.

Just to be sure, I sent the same email without the picture attached and the
email file size is 1 Ko.  So there remains 1660 Ko unexplained!  The JPG
file is bona fide clean.

Can anybody figure that one out?

Binary data has to be encoded somehow, base64 or uuencode usually, to
send it through email, which is a text medium.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>