Re: Talking about bad Photoshopping!

On 8/7/06, Darin Heinz <spacecoastphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone.

> And I don't know why it was done -- so far as I can see it doesn't
> change the meaning of the photo.

Well, it certainly changes the magnitude of the photo. It changes
everything. It makes a mountain out of a molehill, and as far as I'm
concerned, it undermines the credibility of the story, and even all
reportage as we know it.

Do you think the actual alteration produced that?  I think it's the
cropping and contrast adjustment, which are both *legit* actions even
on a news photo.  I don't think the cloning made the scene more
dramatic, more dire, or much of anything except more fake.

I agree that we need to keep extremely sharp and clear standards for
reality of news photos.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>