Re: Omega D-2 enlarger

Tina Manley wrote:

I taught photography at the college level until the college decided to replace their wonderful darkrooms with computers and then discovered they couldn't afford to get everything needed to be computer-based for two years. They wanted me to teach with neither. I quit. I still have a darkroom and a Jobo processor but haven't used either in over two years. If I had time to pursue photography as a hobby, I would still be using the darkroom. I do believe that beginning photographers would benefit from learning darkroom processing first, but I also believe that they benefit from the instant results and ability to take many exposures available with digital.

Tina

RE: ..... ability to take many exposures available with digital.

In the career I just retired from, computer service for a major company, we sometimes did the equivalent....... Put a truckload of new parts hoping to get the thing fixed. We called this "shot gunning" like firing a shotgun into a cave and hoping to get the bear. With the digicams I guess we can call it "machine gunning"

Mschinegun shooting teaches luck but when we were unable to blast away hoping to get the good shot we took time to consider composition, exposure, etc. We bracketed, but that wasn't the same as machinegunning since there was a method to our madness.

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )