Re: Rotkits, was metadata

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:41:55 +0800, karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>hit start > run > type in msconfig
>
>go to the startup tab and untick any program you'd rather not have running
>at startup ( I have a very select few only) then click apply, then OK, your
>machine will want to restart.. let it.
>
>When it reboots you'll get a popup window suggesting you've mucked up your
>system and it urges you to click OK to restore everything, or click NO to
>leave things the way you just set them - click no, but before you do note
>in the bottom left there's a tick box that says 'don't show me this
>again' - tick it!  Otherwise winXP will moan and complain everytime you
>start that some of the super essential software (that you never use) won't
>be ready to eat your memory at startup! ;-)

Oh I know all that stuff, and I could get rid of it, but the average user can't. Plus, after awhile I got several of
them in msconfig that were unchecked and it got messy. I don't like a mess on my computer caused by a company that had
no right to install anything. If the Quicktime headquarters burns down one day, don't blame me, but some other guy who
couldn't get rid of his ;-)

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ Motorcycle Relay Kits