Re: Canon's support and information.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Chamberlain,

: Last week I purchased a Canon EOS 1Ds Mk II.

:but
: wanted to have some assurance that the equipment was new and not
something
: that had been opened before and handled by numerous customers.

: I called Canon and was told that this feature is not offered for any of
: Canon's cameras.

found elsewhere:

"Open picture in one of exif viewers and find field "Unknown (0093)". It
should look like:
Unknown (0093)3,9: 18,Y,X,0,0,0,65535,65535,0
Important are Y and X. If Y is 0 then shutter count is X. If Y is 1 or
more, then count real count is Yx65536+X. Y increases for 1 every 65536
photos"

another answer is:

Go to: http://www.soens.de/
Select SOFTWARE
download the demo version of 'EOS1DInf Version 1.2' (used to be called
cancount.exe)

drag a RAW file into Cancount and it tells you how many shutter actuations
the camera has made.

maybe this will help