Re: Canon's support and information.

>Another thing that concerned me was the statement made by the customer
>service agent about being considered acceptable to have a certain number of
>dead pixels on the sensor. I asked him what would be the best way for me to
>verify if there were any dead pixels so I could exchange the camera for
>another one if any were present. His claim was that Canon considers it to be
>within the range of acceptability (meaning the camera will pass its quality
>control inspection and reach the customer) if up to approximately 11 pixels
>on the sensor are dead. This is not what I would like to hear from the
>manufacturer after purchasing a camera as expensive as this one.

I can't speak for some of the other points you raise but I would not consider
it unacceptable to have a few "dead" pixles when one deals with over 12 or more
million of them. These are typically eliminated by interpolation if I am not
mistaken. But I also asked myself if it would be a major problem even if they
were not. I personally don't think so. But that is just me and I am sure that
others will have other opinions.

cheerio,
andy