Re: neat gimmick I found on the web

> I'm seeing a lot of discussion about stealing of images and how to
> protect against it.  Does anyone on the list know that they have had
> an image stolen and used for commercial purposes?  I haven't seen
> such a report yet.

Roger

I get unsolicited approaches to use my images commercially for images
I forgot were still on line.  But they want access to the full-size
scan and/or original chrome.

There certainly are cases where images get knicked - but usually from
some small time company.  Now what I'm hoping is that one day a really
big fish will nick one of my shots.  Someone worth suing if that makes
any sense :o)

Proving loss over here is the hardest thing.  If someone wants to
steal a low-res screen version what has that cost me?  I have not lost
a sale to that person: if it were even possible to physically protect
my mage they would use someone else's. They would not pay me.

Bob