Re: Gallery comments

At 11:54 PM 10/3/2005, Marilyn wrote:

D.L. Shipman
Let the courting begin...: I like the beautiful patterns the wings are making. Could the wings of the bird nearest the lens be burned just slightly so there is more detail, or is it the scan/screen that takes away the detail? This is really an interesting photograph.

Actually, there is at least faint detail in all of the feathers with the exception of a small clipped area of the back of the bird on the farthest right. I think the contrast and/or brightness may be set too high on your monitor. The birds were a very stark white against a mostly dark background. Exposure was a compromise based on a minimum of clipping and I moved gamma up for feather detail and used curves to get a bit more shadow information.

This is really an interesting photograph.

Thank you. I am pleased you thought it worth sharing.

Dave
East Englewood
The proof is in the print.