Gallery comments

Renate Volz
just before he goes to sleep...:  What a beautiful cat.  I love the paw near the camera's lens    Great detail in the fur.

Herschel Mair
Tuna Catch:  A very nice photograph.   Wonderful colors; great composition and framing.  An interesting shot - it looks like something from National Geographic.

Per Ofverbeck:   This photograph has a poetic feel to it.   Very delicate.   I like the muted background.   I didn't think I'd like the composition when I looked at the thumb nail, but the photograph took on a completely different feel when it was enlarged on my screen.   Very nice.

David Small
Union Square 2:  This photograph has a very graphic-like look to it.  I think it's because of the white walls and the composition of the shapes and forms.   I don't know why, but this photograph makes me smile.

Jeff Spirer
The Wait:   The black and white film and slight grain is perfect for this photograph.   I can't get past the thought - why would any woman want to get in a boxing ring?  Especially a young woman with such a pretty face?

D.L. Shipman
Let the courting begin...:  I like the beautiful patterns the wings are making.   Could the wings of the bird nearest the lens be burned just slightly so there is more detail, or is it the scan/screen that takes away the detail?  This is really an interesting photograph.

Morley Roberts
Chaudier Mill:  I like all the gray tones and the one reddish (wood covered?) window.   The water below is a little distracting.  I would try cropping the photograph just below the tree trunk on the right-hand side (about 1/5 or 1/4 the way up from the bottom ).  The different textures of the buildings makes this an interesting photograph to look at.

Don Roberts
Bass Player:   A fascinating photograph - so colorful and interesting.  The arch behind the musician is a perfect frame for him and you even have a wonderful story to go with the photograph. Great work.

Mark Harris
Wall and Shadow:  I fell in love with photography because of shadows and they still fascinate me.   I like this photograph very much.

Steve Shapiro
Presidio of San Francisco:  I love the sun streaming through the trees.   I love the fact this photograph was taken with a 5X7 Graflex.  This had to be a very difficult scene to expose and on transparency film, no less.

Rich Mason
Suburbia 01:42-02:40:  Another challenging photograph - a 58 minute exposure taken in the middle of the night.  The colors seem to be more saturated - or is it just my imagination?  Nice work.

Christopher Strevens
The Girl and the Invader:  Interesting, but confusing.   Is this a painting?  You say it isn't photography, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at.  I like the reflections of the shiny surfaces and the bright pink band.  Can you tell us a little more about this photograph?

A great gallery this week.   Thank you to all who shared and to Andy and staff for "hanging the gallery."

Marilyn

Let no one come to you without
leaving better and happier.

Mother Teresa