Re: Gallerie Revieu de 2005-09-10

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 08:08:18 +0100, Bob Talbot
<BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>Your picture looks cropped vertically.
>Can you put a version of it up after rotation.
>I really do find it hard to appreciate a picture fully when it's
>tilted.  After I rotate yours and crop it to a rectangle there is too
>little beach left below thier feet.

Well, the new rotated image everyone is now enjoying ;-) - is pretty
well full frame after rotation and crop. I think there's more beach in
fact I had to clone out some garbage there that I'd cropped from the
first image. I was enjoying making a slimmer landscape image on the
first one, getting rid of garbage while getting away from the 2:3 for
once, likely why I forgot to examine closely for a horizon ;-)

Apologies to all for the posting of an image to the list. Andy, no
need to substitute that image now I guess ...

Now as to the fishing gear, these guys are just gear heads. I mean
most fishermen don't wear anything fancy but these guys obviously
enjoy playing the part fully with traditional garb. Keeps some blowing
sand out of your face while keeping some sun off your head is my
guess.

I left the rod in the corner as a kind of sign to show they were
fishing, kind of liked it not fully there but enough to recognize. Bob
is right again, cropping or cloning it out would have made some real
mystery of the image. Oh well, live and learn is what this is all
about.

--
Jim Davis,
  http://easternbeaver.com/