Re: PF Galleries on 29 JAN 05

Exactly, my point is that why should it be a problem to convert digital to black and white just because of the ease, since color negs have been printed in black and white for quite some time.
Terry M
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: PF Galleries on 29 JAN 05

Terry <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

One more thought on "Cheating" before I switched to digital I had some
of my portrait work printed on Panalure plus paper which as I
understand it is designed just for printing color negatives as black
and white photos, so it has been done for quite some time now.

I've printed a number of things on Panalure, though none recently
(haven't had a darkroom recently). It's main niche was for newspaper
prints of portraits, during the time when most commercial portraits
were shot in color but many newspapers weren't using color photos all
the way back to the engagement announcements and such.