Re: Does Digital Rebel make for a good educational camera in your opinion?

karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> the Adobe colour space is a CMYK parameter, Frontiers output RGB but
> anyway, until they manufacture some sort of light emitting
> luminescent papers then we're stuck with the simple fact that
> reflected light can't convey the same colour space as transmitted
> light, and as such no print will ever exhibit the colour range of
> sRGB let alone Adobe's colour space.

Adobe RGB 1998, which is probably what was meant by "the Adobe colour
space", is an RGB space.

Many inkjet printers have parts of the color space you can't reach
from sRGB.  There are also parts of Adobe RGB that you can't reach
from any of the printers -- it's supposed to be a "master" space (my
term; I'm trying to describe a space that doesn't limit you), rather
than limited to some particular set of current equipment specs (sRGB
is set for unadjusted monitors, for example).