Re: Does Digital Rebel make for a good educational camera in your opinion?

My comment referred to "professionals." Professionals can operate under completely different circumstances. My friend who shoots for Fashion Wire, and the people who shoot at the same events, have to get through 500 images a night sometimes. There's no times for corrections - you have to get it as close to perfect in jpg as can be done. Most of the images you see are done this way, it's no great secret, the news guys aren't out there manipulating images when their stuff is going out in six hours.

However, I've found with the 10D that I can get almost identical results in "normal" lighting conditions, including manipulation. Most of the benefits of 16 bits get lost in typical output.