Some of us don't compromise

Dear Colleagues,

It appears that there's nothing wrong with those of us who still spend hours in the darkroom producing a chemical print. We may decide not to make allowances in our own work.

But as for commercial viability?

Perhaps the web has made people think that 640x480 is high resolution?

Best

Bob

Qkano wrote:

We subconciously know to make allowances without
needing to think about it and there it is - we just become unaware.

But the fact (and it is a fact) that films can, and did, record
(superfluous) fine detail that MUST be missed by a digital sensor
[detail - limited] does not go away just because there is a paradigm
shift in the way we decide we should look a photos.  Sure, large
prints on adverstising hoardings are meant to be looked at from 50-m
away.  But for me the ability to be able to walk right up to my
"minimum viewing distance" and make out still more fine detsail - like
the tiny guy in the background - adds to not detracts from the image.
The fact that with digital sensors he would occupy only a few pixel
just removes that ability.

I'm not Bob.