Re: Retrofocus lens design was Digital lens question

>I didn't find any, but I looked less closely at the less wide lenses;
>I expected it to be more likely among the older and wider models.
>(Are you making a sharp distinction between "fisheye" and "wide
>angle"?  I've been treating the fisheye as just a special sub-category.)

David,

Fisheyes are in my opinion also just a sub-category. They are also retrofocus
and in addition are not rectilinear. It would be quite difficult to make a
conventional rectilinear lens that covered 180 degrees in every direction I
think. Dan C did find the one (were there more?) wide angle lens that required
mirror lock-up.  :)   ... made by Leica!  interesting.

cheerio,
andy